This event is now over
What's a Coderetreat?
Coderetreat is a day long, intensive practice event, focusing on the fundamentals of software development and design. By providing developers the opportunity to take part in focused practice, away from the pressures of getting things done, the coderetreat format has proven itself to be a highly effective means of skill improvement. Practicing the basic priniciples of modular and object-oriented design, developers can improve their ability to write code that minimizes the cost of change over time.
This is a language-agnostic, pair-programming event. In each session, the pair chooses what language they want to work in. So, no matter what your language of choice is, you are welcome. We practice the fundamentals: TDD and the 4 Rules of simple design.
- Length of session: 45 minutes [5 such sessions throughout the day]
- Pairs are swapped after each session
- Your beautiful code must be trashed after each session without leaving any trace [hmmm...now, that sounds criminal!]
Who do you get to meet?
- Other TDD-obsessed geeks like YOU and
- Venkat Subramaniam [Founder of Agile Developer Inc.]
Why should I pay a registration fee of Rs. 500/- [including DoAttend Processing Fee] ?
Well, we have a limited capacity. It becomes a little sticky for us and unfair for those willing to participate if registered folks don't turn up. We prefer to have an accurate number of retreaters so that we can order food and snacks as well as minimize wastage. To this end, we're asking for a Rs.500/- deposit to reserve your "Geek" title.
BUT...This deposit will be refunded on the day of the event.
Update: You were redirected here because we made this event 'free'. Yes, you no longer need to pay for this event.
Why the change?
* We received some feedback that events such as this must be free of all "tags" - even refundable fees.
* We've hosted "open" meetings before this @ Multunus without any such conditions before - and you guys have always been fantastic participants. So, no reason to add any conditions now. :o)
What if I have already bought the tickets by paying the money?
Do not worry, we will be refunding the amount. We will conact you and figure out a way to do it.
April 12, 2014
9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Multunus Software, No.1316/A, 2nd floor, 9th Cross
JP Nagar 2nd Phase,